Friday, April 25, 2008

Teach Kids to Save Now

Saving should be formally taught in schools. Parents must encourage their children to have their savings account. Thus, teaching them to value money at a very young age and to save as early as possible will be their initial capital. The importance of it is not just saving a part of the children’s school allowance and their Christmas “aginaldos” (or money gifts). Imparting and instilling in their fresh minds the importance and value of money in a positive mature way. With the prevalence of globalization and consumerism in the world today where gadgets, cell phones, i-pods, mp3s and mp4s, and laptops galore are the rave, frugality must be first taught at home.
Let me share a story of a mom blogger whom I think parents must exemplify. Just click the following highlighted words. Mom, Help Her Kids Save!

Save, invest, and diversify your activities, network and endeavors. Certainly, it will lead to abundance in the future.

2 comments:

Alexys Fairfield said...

I think it's an excellent idea to teach kids to save. They will begin to respect money and appreciate it's real value.

Great post.

A Marketer's Ramblings said...

Hi Alexys!

Thanks for dropping by!

As a kid I was thought to save in my 'piggy bank' and have my own savings account. I would only start saving if I was given a spare amount of my school allowance and got lucky when my Godparents would give money as gifts. But everytime my piggy bank got fully filled up and had saved enough money to save in the bank, it ended up being used for buying school needs or something I like to buy.

It is only now that I'm working and earning that I finally started saving.

I delay instant gratification but not that long enough.

Probably, they forgot to tell me to think long term.

Save as early as now and think of the long term rewards for your love ones and family.